Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


At our house the day before St. Patrick's Day, the kids make all kinds of pretty pictures of rainbows, pots of gold, Leprechauns, & the like. (I can't believe I didn't take pictures of any of their darling artwork!! : ( Anyway, they leave them with a note for the Leprechauns, hoping that in return the Leprechauns will leave them gold, jewels, treats, or a map to their hidden treasure. Each year those tricky little Leprechauns have come & hidden some loot & the kids have to find it. One year it took them nearly all day to finally find the treasure. Here they are running down the stairs after Kambren exclaimed that he had found the Leprechauns' surprise.






A treasure box full of "emerald" necklaces!




A smaller treasure box filled with "Gold"!



And lots of green & jeweled colored candy!




And a breakfast of green pancakes! Don't you love the cute St. Patrick's Day paperware I found at a little import shop!!


May the luck o' the Irish be yers!!

0 comments: