The day after Kalen's birthday we were able to celebrate with some presents & a cake. He seemed to have such a fun time peeking into the presents & playing with his new, fun toys. All the kids really enjoyed helping him open his gifts, & of course, play with them. We found the funnest wire/wood toy with wooden beads like I have always wanted to get for the kids but never have. We found it clearanced, & because of that it was a much better price than we have ever seen. The kids just love it, especially Kambren & Kalen. It is like a little city with cars, a bus, a helicopter, & an airplane - & some other fun things. Very fun!!
And playing .....
...... & playing..... Don't you love when you find that perfect toy that will entertain them for such a long time!!! I can't believe it has taken us 5 kids to finally get one of these things.
Kalen also got a Fisher Price Gumball Machine with those Roll Around balls. It is darling, & plays the cutest songs when you push the lever that releases the balls to go down the spiral & out of the machine.
Kalen has been so cute with animals lately & will growl every time he sees one. He has seemed especially excited about bears, & so we decided to make him a cake that looks like a bear. I've never been the greatest cake decorator, as Grandma Monson will remember, but it turned out pretty cute. It tasted even better, for all you chocolate cake lovers! The kids thought that it looked a little too real though, more like something that you would find in a taxidermist's shop. I didn't mean to make it look like a head on a plate, but without shape cake pans, what else could I do? That's okay, it was fun, & it got eaten - that's all that counts.
"You mean I have to EAT it?"
"Well okay, if you insist."
We took off Kalen's clothes so that they wouldn't get all stained from the chocolate frosting & cake .....
.... & then this was all he would do. He didn't even put his little paw into it. I gave him a taste of the frosting & all that did was make him cry, so I guess for now he isn't a chocolate lover. Maybe it was the bear thing?? But he is still the cutest little 1 year old on the planet!
We miss having family nearby to be able to come share special days with us & wish that you could have been here to see him being so cute & having so much fun!



2 comments:
Hi Jeanettie!! You are the winner!! It is so fun to see your family! What a fun birthday your little Kalen had! And you get the "blue ribbon" for the cake!! I laughed so hard at your taxidermy comment. You are hilarious!! I'm so looking forward to you coming home this summer and getting to have cousin time! As we talk about your family and what your kids are doing, my kids will always say, ..."now how old is he/she?... NO WAY!!" They remember everyone as the little teeny kids that they were when you moved I guess! Jameson somehow missed the memo that you even had Kalen, so he was really surprised when he turned 1!! I love you. Thanks for sharing your family memories! I love you! Jenn
I love the cake! Super cute! Crew was the same way with his cake, he didn't really want anything to do with it. They must be related! I think that Kalen is a spitting image of you when you were a baby! I see so much of you and Baby Elle in him! I can't wait for you guys to get here. It really does feel like Christmas!
Mom just told me about Ambrian. How is she feeling? I hope that her teeth will heal fast. She is so brave! Please give her a BIG hug from her fav Aunt Cryssi and tell her how much I love her! Keep us posted! We love you all so much!
Post a Comment